Letter of Recommendation
Position of Trust, Special Duty, and/or Employment Position
Key Points to Writing
- Remember, there the purpose for the letter.
- Use the right words, utilize a resource like
- Use a spell checker (F7 Word)
and avoid common misspellings
- Watch Tense Shifts, going from "s" to "ed"
Keep the text simple
- Avoid acronyms and jargon, the people reading the letter
are not familiar with it.
The following Example was taken from a Word document. If you have anything you would like to
submit, please do so.
If you have found this information useful, please let me know as each letter has taken a considerable amount of time to prepare.
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
TO: Whom It May Concern
SUBJECT: Letter of Reference - SSgt
[First M. Last Name]
1. I would like to take this opportunity to fully endorse the outstanding
and superior work ethic of SSgt [Last Name].
His knowledge of database organization and hierarchy
aided immeasurably in the automation of our Driver's Record Section. His
attention to detail is
an example for others to follow.
2. [First Name] is one
our finest troops. His dedication to his unit and country are beyond
reproach. He is professional, dedicated, and takes great pride in his work. I'm
his talents would serve any organization in an outstanding fashion.
3. Feel free to contact, me for any further information.
[First M. Last Name], TSgt, USAFR
###d Transportation Manager/VCO
Note: Signature lines are 5 spaces below the last line of text.